Friday 30 March 2012

TaylorMade R11 Irons Specifications

For the R11 club review, TaylorMade sent me an “off the rack” PW, 7I and 5I with the stock KBS 90 shafts. I’ve got to say I was waiting with bated breath for these bad boys to arrive, after watching the presentation and reading about the new clubs, I was pretty pumped about the irons.
If I had to summarize these clubs in one sentence, I’d say they were a perfect blend of the Tour Preferred and Burner Irons. From the Tour Preferred the R11 Irons took the control, feel, sound (with solid contact) and aesthetics whilst the Burner irons provided the forgiveness and increased COR and MOI (Moment of Inertia a property of physics that indicates the relative difference in how easy or difficult it will be to set any object in motion).

I’ve always played with the game improvement category of irons and was really impressed at the feedback provided by the R11 Irons. You can feel, pretty accurately, where you made contact with the ball and when you hit it solid, you’re rewarded with a deep appealing audible indicator that seems to say “You’re going to like that one.“  On the flip side, however, mishits have more of a hollow “thwack” sound that is not at all appealing.
Distance from the R11 Irons was a bit of a let down for me, on average, I didn’t gain any significant yardage over my Burners. I was hoping with the deeper center of gravity and the precision weight port that I’d see at least an additional club length in distance, but alas, tis not to be.
Related Search :

R11 Irons VS Burner 2.0 Irons

No comments:

Post a Comment